Him: Tears On Tape!
The band’s forthcoming new album Tears On Tape (Cooking Vinyl) pre-order on the iTunes Store HERE http://bit.ly/HIMiTunes “Tears On Tape” is the first official video from the much-anticipated new album. http://vevo.ly/14VOnxZ
The video “Tears on Tape” was directed by Stefan Lindfors. Lindfors also directed HIM’s classic, award-winning “Funeral of Hearts” video 10 years ago. The album Tears On Tape will be released on April 29th on Cooking Vinyl in the UK. The album will also be released on April 26th in Finland and April 30th in the US. Tears on Tape is the Finnish rock band’s eighth official album and was recorded in their home country with long-time producer Hiili Hiilesmaa and mixed by long time-band associate, Tim Palmer (U2, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam, Robert Plant).
HIM’s upcoming headline show at London’s Dingwalls on the 26th sold out in a matter of minutes. The band will also be appearing at this years Download Festival on Friday 14th June, headlining the Pepsi Max stage. Formed in 1992 by vocalist Ville Valo, guitarist Mikko “Linde” Lindström, and bassist Mikko “Migé” Paananen, HIM’s previous albums have seen them win a worldwide following, becoming the first Finnish act to achieve platinum sales in the U.S. HIM’s current lineup is completed by Burton (Keyboards), and Gas (Drums).
In addition to the 13 new tracks, the very exclusive and very limited “Fanpack”, presented by Metal Hammer magazine and DoubleCross Records features some not-to-be-found-anywhere-else content. Exclusively available from 29th April for four weeks, it comes with a bespoke 132-page magazine edited by frontman Ville Valo himself that plays as the ultimate sleeve notes to the album, including:
• Full studio album + 2 bonus tracks (“Buried Alive By Love” & “The Kiss Of Dawn” recorded live in the studio ).
• Giant double-sided door poster
• Exclusive interviews with Ville Valo and all members of HIM
• An extended track-by-track guide to ‘Tears On Tape’
• An interview with the architects behind the sound of Love Metal Hiili Hiilesmaa and Tim Palmer
• A detailed guide to HIM’s extensive back-catalogue
• The true, exclusive story of the Heartagram
• An exclusive gallery from the band’s own private collections